Friday, July 26, 2013

Beginning with a Bang!

Summer has fully rolled into gear! I have had little time to write about what is happening here at Youth Dynamics, but that only means I'm spending my time with students, in creation, talking to them about Jesus! Here are some of the trips that have been happening and some highlights from them...
A handful of single day raft trips on the Wenatchee River.
Going down to the Oregon base to guide 3 days of rafting with them.
Being food and gear staff on a youth group trip that was based out of Stonewater Ranch.


Taking Arlington YD Community high schoolers on a Peak to Paddle trip: 3 days in the backcountry and 3 days on the river. We went over Abernathe Pass in the North Cascades & Kayaked on the Methow River after that.

After the Peak to Paddle trip, we jumped into one of our biggest trips of the year. It is through a scholarship program called Act 6. 63 students came representing 8 schools. They are put into small groups called cadres with other students who will spend the next 4 years going to college with them.
 The trip definitely pushed my comfort zone as I was the only guide for my cadre. I was very nervous to lead a hike through the backcountry alone, but it turned out fantastic and the students had great attitudes. I very much felt the peace of God as I realized that I was not the True Guide, but He was:)

 This week I was able to join a fellow coworker at a reunion for a trip she was on earlier this summer. It was really cool to hear the stories about the trip, and amazing to hear about how 3 of the students gave their hearts to Jesus during that week on the river!
This week we are prepping for a week long, Father/Daughter river trip! Although I'm very excited to see the infamous Salmon river for the first time, I'm more pumped that my dad and sister will be joining! It will be a long week in the sun, but I'm so looking forward to it! We covet your prayers as our team heads out tomorrow and we meet the dads and daughters on Sunday:)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment