| Me & Amanda |
Summer Staff Training Update:
Today marks the end of training. It's been a stretching and hard couple of weeks, but so worth it. Over the course of the last few weeks, I have gaining and refined so many skills whether being technical or evangelistic to help me better work with students this summer.
Living on Stonewater Ranch is a whole new experience in itself. I live in a lodge with 12 other staff members and the community we share is amazing. Since we are all new to staff and it's our first summer, training was more extensive, but it only brought us all closer as a community and reminded me of God's provision with each and everyone of us He has placed here. (1 Corinthians 12:18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be).
Training has stretched me more than I have ever have been before. But throughout training God has been reminding me that as a staff we all have different functions in the body. We have been working together to complete this training, and at times when I feel training is the easiest, one of my team members is having a edge moment. The Lord's provision in picking each and everyone of us to be here and work together as a body for the glory of His kingdom is amazing to me.
Throughout training we have spent time gaining technical skills in areas such as horseback riding, rock climbing, backpacking and white water rafting. All while developing ministry and evangelic techniques to use in each of these areas.
My whole time in the backcountry felt like an edge moment and was extremely humbling for me. Where I lacked in physical capabilities or prior knowledge of backpacking, my team helped and served me. I had to step back and be taken care of in someways, and understand that the way I could serve was through encouragement. This training has brought together different people with different roles and gift to serve as one body for Jesus, and I'm so excited about that! (1 Corinthians 12: 25-27 So that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it).
Training was successful and this body is ready to work together and minister to teens as adventure guides! (Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful).
I feel so incredibly blessed to be here for the summer and to be given the opportunities to work with students in adventure ministry!
Please check out the pictures I've posted from training and check this page for updates and prayer requests over the summer!
Thank you!!
-Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment